PDF Viewer for WordPress is the best selling premium PDF Reader plugin for WordPress on CodeCanyon (5800+ Sales) since 2014. With this plugin, You can display and embed PDF Files of your WordPress Website with a modern PDF Reader & FlipBook. Use it for any kind of pdf’s like eBooks, Invoices, Flyers, Brochures, Product Catalog, Product Manuals, Product Documentation, Service Quote, Proposal, Restaurant Menu, SEO report, Resume. Reports and any other pdf file you may have.
Get 2 for the price of One (FlipBook + PDF Reader)
Addons of PDF Viewer for WordPress
Visual Composer Addon for PDF Viewer for WordPress
Elementor PDF Viewer for WordPress Addon
Navigative Addon for PDF Viewer for WordPress
Other items by ThemeNcode
WP File Access Manager
ThemeNcode PDF Reader – PHP Script
What is PDF Viewer for WordPress ?
PDF Viewer for WordPress is a simple WordPress plugin that Provides a nice interface to view pdf files on your site. Now you can embed pdf files with a nice viewer directly on any page/post of your WordPress website. Also, It comes with another shortcode with that you can allow a particular pdf file open with the viewer.
This is a great & useful plugin if you want to display pdf files of your site with a nice viewer like Acrobat reader. It comes with page navigation, Download, Print, Presentation mode & lot more cool tools.
Here is a list of features:
- Automatically find pdf links & activate viewer if you choose that option.
- Translatable into 100+ Languages
- Fully Customizable PDF Viewer. Customize the colors of viewer to match with your sites color combination.
- Embed pdf with a feature rich viewer on WordPress page/post
- Feature Rich Admin Panel & Shortcodes
- Share pdf on social networks
- Send link to friend via email
- Enable/Disable social sharing
- Enable/Disable Print Option
- Enable/Disable Download Option
- Enable/Disable Presentation mode
- Enable/Disable Find Option
- Enable/Disable Logo
- Enable/Disable Zoom
- Enable/Disable Page Navigation
- Enable/Disable auto linking of pdf links to viewer
- Brand viewer with you own logo
- Logo links to homepage of your site
- 4 Shortcodes with lots of parameters.
- Shortcode for viewing pdf file on any post/page
- Shortcode to add a text link to your pdf file on any post/page
- Fully Responsive PDF viewer
- Style & Customize all the single items.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer & most browsers
- Fast & smooth user experience
- Retain Image Quality
- No Third Party links, install the viewer on your website.
- No Limitation of pdf size
- It uses jQuery to replace url’s automatically which won’t effect on your Site’s SEO if you use the plugin on old site.
- FlipBook View makes it look more appealing.
How PDF Viewer for WordPress Looks Like ?
This is the look of Midnight Calm Theme which is set by default. There are 2 additional themes included but you can use any color combination of your choice to match with your site’s color scheme. Click on the image for larger & clear view
And This is Admin Panel Look
This plugin is very easy to use. Just install the plugin & configure options according to your needs. Please follow the link below for full documentation :
PDF viewer for WordPress Plugin Documentation
Browser Compatibility Report
Chrome – compatible
Firefox – compatible
Safari (13+) – compatible
opera – compatible
Chromium Based Edge – compatible
non-chromium based Edge – not compatible
IE – not compatible
9.2.1 (2 May 2021)
* Fixed an issue with Shortlink shortcode * Misc. Improvments in jQuery and other areas.
9.2 (10 April 2021)
* New Gutenberg Block to create PDF Viewer shortcodes more easily and quickly. * Replaced old Tinymce interface with new one for Classic Editor. * Misc. Improvments.
9.1.3 (7 March 2021)
* Fixed flipbook width being smaller on mobile devices.
9.1.2 (23 February 2021)
9.1.1 (19 February 2021)
* Fixed Defaulting to Flipbook mode (Raised in v9.1) * Fixed Presentation Mode not working issue * Fixed Return to site button appearance issue * Misc. improvements & cleanups
9.1 (17 February 2021)
* Added support for pdf's with fillable forms * Updated shortcodes to be extendable * Fixed issue with responsive fix * Fixed issue with pinch-zoom * Misc. improvements
9.0.5 (6 January 2021)
* Security fixes * Fixed variable mismatch issue on shortcode generator pages * Fixed spread issue on flipbook mode
9.0.4 (1 November 2020)
* Fixed icons size issue on scaled displays on windows devices * Fixed a typo issue in options page * Misc. improvements
9.0.3 (3 August 2020)
* Added the option to upload favicon for viewer pages * Fixed pagenav visibility issue on android devices * Fixed issue with pagenav display shortcode parameter. * Added rtl support to pagenav icons. * Appended version number to static resources to avoid caching issues on update.
9.0.2 (14 July 2020)
* Fixed small bug with pagenav left and right
9.0.1 (14 July 2020)
* Added Elementor Addon Details on Addons Page (New addon available on codecayon to allow PDF Viewer shortcode creation using Elementor Builder) * Updated Page Navigation buttons functionality for better performance. * Updated Menu icon * Misc. Improvements
9.0 (2 July 2020)
* Added Flipbook Mode, Simply choose Flip in Default Scrolling Mode and Even Spread in Default Spread Mode setting to enable Flipbook by default. More Details: https://youtu.be/peR-Ho2Qrbk * Fixed Return to Site text saving issue * Fixed link color issue on Retiurn to Site Link on custom setting * Added Next/Previous page buttons on left and right center. Best for Flip Mode * Fixed a small issue on iFrame Shortcode * Removed Google Plus Share icon * Added Whatsapp share icon * Updated Viewer Page title to be unique, so it doesn't get treated as duplicates by search engines. * Fixed a missing image (loading-small.svg) console warning * Misc. Improvements
8.5.1 (4 June 2020)
* Fixed issue with Automatic Link/iFrame Feature * Removed duplicate fields from tinymce editor.
8.5 (1 June 2020)
* Changed Admin Menu Name to PDF Viewer from ThemeNcode PDF Viewer * Updated Admin Menu icon * Added new shortcode parameters to set default scroll and default spread values * Added a Return to Site link on bottom right corner which will use the referrer link. * Other misc. improvements * Fixed Highlighting Issue on toolbar items * Slightly updated the design of right menu elements to look cleaner. * Fixed social icons display issue on Aqua white color scheme * Updated viewer page title, so Viewer title will use the site name instead of pdf file name. * Made Updates/Site registration menu items visible to only admin users.
8.4 (1 may 2020)
* Fixed Language Issue * Updated style on Upload PDF File Page * Updated Style on Import PDF File Page * Other misc. improvements
8.3 ( 1 April 2020)
* Added 2 actions for header and footer (Details on blog post) * Added Default social sharing image, can be updated using filter * Implemented pdfjs 2.3.200 * Enqueued jQuery from plugin * Added Option to enable/disable context menu/right click * Added option to enable/disable copy shortcut ctrl+c/cmd+c * Misc. improvements
8.2 ( 18 January 2020)
* Added new shortcode parameter (iframe_title) to iFrame shortcode * Fixed Link shortcode generator having a field duplicated on tinymce shortcode generator * Added Default value for pagemode shortcode parameter to none * Added attachments pagemode in shortcode generator * Fixed icon size issue on safari
8.1 ( 02 December 2019)
* Added site Deregistration option for automatic updates * Added support for PDF Files from external url's (Requires CORS config on external domain) * Keep last settings saved for all the shortcode generator pages on wp-admin * Some other small improvements and fixes
8.0 ( 03 November 2019)
* Fixed printing issue * Added automatic update functionality
7.6 ( 04 August 2019)
* Fixed issue with Automatic Link/iFrame * Fixed issue on Shortcode Generator Pages
7.5 (24 July 2019)
* Added Horizontal/Vertical scrolling options * Added additional shortcode parameters to provide better control on toolbar items * Added option pages to generate shortcodes from admin panel * Lots of other improvements
7.4 (23 November 2018)
* Fixed Auto Link conflict with regular links * Fixed & improved Share by Email functionality
7.3 (6 August 2018)
* Fixed Error in Raw Link Generator * Fixed Warning messaged on plugin activation with debug mode * Fixed Warning messaged on plugin options page with debug mode
7.2 (23 March 2018)
* pdfjs 1.9.426 which includes lots of improvements * Fullscreen mode link with autoiframe feature
7.1 (19 October 2017)
* Now you can choose from predefined Themes or create your own color theme for viewer. * Added 3 predefined Themes * Updated the color customizer with more options * Updated icons * Added Light & Dark version of icons * Made design & functional adjustments
7.0 (28 September 2017)
* Fixed: Typo mistakes in shortcode * Added: Shortcode Parameters to Hide Current View * Added: Shortcode Parameters to Hide Rotate * Added: Shortcode Parameters to Hide Hand Tool * Added: Shortcode Parameters to Hide Document Properties * Added: Shortcode Parameters to Hide Right Toggle Menu completely * Added: Options for hiding all the buttons (Current View, Rotate, Hand Tool, Document Properties, Toggle Menu) * Updated: PDF js to latest stable build 1.8.188 * Some other misc fixes and updates...
6.6 (9 April 2017)
* Fixed: Page templates not showing/working for a few users with specific themes.
6.5 (27 March 2017)
* Updated pdfjs to 1.7.225 * Fixed printing issues on Edge * Improved performance * Fixed toggle bookmarks bar visibility on mobile * Added new addon details to addons page
6.1 (7 November 2016)
* Fixed error in auto link and auto frame * URL Generator updated with new structure * Changed URL parameter from view to tnc_pvfw to avoid conflicts * Added Language Selector in Options page which will be used for auto link and auto frame. * Removed extra slash from URL generated by shortcode
6.0 (20 October 2016)
* Updated url structure, so PDF file url is not visible on Address bar anymore now (Not applicable to autolink and autoiframe) * <strong>PDF File is Hard to download now </strong> * Disabled Right Click on viewer * PDf js script updated to latest stable version * Some other minor updates...
5.5 (5 August 2016)
* Added a Link Generator which you can use to create direct links * Made Iframe Responsive Fix as not mandatory. You can now enable/disable it. * Design Cleanup on Admin settings pages * Added Add-ons menu where you can find PDF Viewer addons * Some other minor updates...
5.3 (13 May 2016)
* Fixed a typo
5.2 (13 May 2016)
* Updated pdfjs to latest version which comes with solution to many issues * Other minor improvements
5.1 (9 March 2016)
* Fixed saving issue in options page
5.0 (15 February 2016)
* Newly Updated Documentation (can be found here: http://themencode.com/docs/pdf-viewer-for-wordpress/ ) * Added New Shortcode for Raw Link (tnc-pdf-viewer-raw-link) * Changed update notification URL to https * New Parameter page-mode added to all shortcodes * Removed Unnecessary Fields from shortcode generator * Added an option to assign viewer page id's manually * Improvements and fixes to print option * Links inside pdf will open in new tab now * Fixed Compatibility with Plain Permalink structure * Added Link Target Parameter Back to Shortlink Shortcode * Many improvements to Viewer loading and other functionalities * Fixed formatting issue on Options Page * Some other minor improvements
4.5 (20 December 2015)
* The URL is shorter now. * Uses Page Templates to render pdf viewer now * Added option to ignore external pdf links for automatic link and iframe options * Fixed Fullscreen Mode Display Option on iFrame Shortcode * Fixed Warnings on Save Options and viewer page
4.1 (22 October 2015)
* Added PDF Importer from external Website * Added Google Analytics Option * Added option to change Fullscreen Text * Some other Minor improvements
4.0 (11 September 2015)
* Update code structure to make the URL shorter * Fixed Translation Feature * Added a link for fullscreen mode on iframe shortcode * Removed Target parameter from the shortlink shortcode. It will now be controlled using the option in backend * Some other Minor improvements
3.6 (15 June 2015)
* Fixed conflict on frontend admin bar * Fixed a syntax error * Fixed styling issues on Upload PDF File Page on Backend. * Fixed Default zoom in iframe shortcode * Tested compatibility with Latest WordPress (4.2.2)
3.5 (4 June 2015)
* Now supports links inside pdf files * Fixed Iframe shortcode issue * Fixed Automatic Iframe height issue * Fixed Prefix Issue to avoid conflict with other ThemeNcode Plugins/Themes * Improved pdf uploader * Some more adjustments which make the viewer work more smoothly
3.0 (30 January 2015)
* Added TinyMCE button added to easily create shortcodes * Automatic Email Sending Issue Fix (It was happening for a few servers) * Fixed Visibility options in Responsive Mode * Fixed Social Share Hiding Issue * Fixed Saving Issue on Backend Settings Page * Added Page Links shortcode Parameter (link to a specific page of pdf file) * Added new shortcode parameter for default zoom * Added Automatic Iframe Option * Added a Page for Uploading PDF File & get link easily
2.0 (16 September 2014)
* Added Translation Option * Translatable into 100+ languages * New Shortcode to keep the link short * Autolink Target Option * Custom Css Field for Viewer * Integrated Logo Uploader * Customize colors of Viewer
1.3 (5 August 2014)
* Fixed Automatic Linking issue
1.2 (20 July 2014)
* Fixed Logo Formatting * More Clear & Nice Admin Interface * Replaced split function so its compatible with php 5.3+ * Added More Screenshots
1.1 (7 July 2014)
* Fixed Compatibility Issue with Safari Browser * Fixed Social Media Icon aligning * Fixed Responsive Issues
1.0 (7 July 2014)
* First Release
Use in ThemeForest Themes ?
If you want to use PDF Viewer for WordPress plugin in your Theme here on ThemeForest too please purchase an extended license for each theme (as long as there is no Developer License available) you put on the marketplace!
Popup.js = http://docs.toddish.co.uk/popup/
Pdf.js = http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/
Turn.js = http://www.turnjs.com/
Any Comments or features requests are always welcome. Please feel free to let us know if you have any kind of questions or suggestions to improve PDF viewer for WordPress Plugin.